山东老11选5前3遗漏数据 www.ntwrg.com 來源：中公考研 | 更新時間：2019-10-31 19:21:13
Section I Use of English
Read the following text. Choose the best word (s) for each numbered blank and mark A, B, C or D on the ANSWER SHEET. (10 points)
By the age of 3 or 4, people all start to lie. At this point in their brain’s development, they learn that they have an incredibly versatile and powerful tool 1 their disposal–their language–and they can use it to actually play with reality and affect the 2 of what’s happening.
Lying is “bad”, but people all have to lie sometimes. 3 , some people are sick liars, meaning they can’t stop 4 misinformation about themselves and others. The 5 reasons for why some people are this way is a bit of a mystery, but 6 the third edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders”, 7 lying is a disorder to its own right, as well as a 8 of personality disorders.
Judith Orloff said sick liars have sympathy 9 disorder, meaning they lack sympathy, which 10 means a lack of conscience. When someone don’t care about other people, lies don’t seem to 11 . Sympathy deficiency is a hard concept to 12 for a lot of people. When people lie, it doesn’t hurt them in the same way it would hurt the 13 . Common people can’t understand the liars, because ordinary thinking tends to 14 these liars into the standards of what it means to be 15 .
But they don’t fit. In fact, they may not 16 realize they are lying half the time, because they’re not 17 of it. Orloff said they actually believe they are telling the truth a lot of the time. It’s not so much about the fact itself, she said, 18 it is about wanting to have power over somebody. Once the lies start, it can 19 with the victim being crazy. When they are told over and over again that their version of 20 is incorrect, and they begin to believe the warped truth of the abuser.
1. A. at B. in C. with D. by
2. A. reason B. outcome C. cause D. feedback
3. A. Meanwhile B. Moreover C. However D. Therefore
4. A. spreading B. surpassing C. assessing D. supervising
5. A. medical B. physical C. personal D. psychological
6. A. regardless of B. along with C. according to D. apart from
7. A. careless B. sick C. improper D. risky
8. A. character B. feature C. symbol D. symptom
9. A. disabled B. deficient C. impossible D. incapable
10. A. incidentally B. generally C. essentially D. indefinitely
11. A. fail B. count C. matter D. cease
12. A. realize B. control C. seize D. grasp
13. A. majority B. victims C. liars D. other
14. A. fit B. turn C. bring D. work
15. A. acceptable B. reliable C. considerate D. sympathetic
16. A. only B. ever C. even D. hardly
17. A. grateful B. conscious C. appreciative D. convinced
18. A. as B. lest C. unless D. like
19. A. begin B. deal C. handle D. end
20. A. reality B. illusion C. proof D. event
中公考研名師指導： 擇校擇專業 跨專業報考 1V1專業解答